by Erik Pedersen | Deadline Hollywood
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced its new Board of Governors today, and 10 of them are first-timers including Oscar winner and The View mainstay Whoopi Goldberg in the Actors branch and Participant Media CEO David Linde in the Executives branch.
Here is the list of newcomers and incumbents whose election was announced today:
- Whoopi Goldberg, Actors Branch
- Mandy Walker, Cinematographers Branch
- Isis Mussenden, Costume Designers Branch
- Wynn P. Thomas, Designers Branch
- Kimberly Peirce, Directors Branch
- David Linde, Executives Branch
- Christina Kounelias, Public Relations Branch
- Thomas R. Sito, Short Films and Feature Animation Branch
- Teri E. Dorman, Sound Branch
- Larry Karaszewski, Writers Branch
Incumbent governors re-elected to the board are:
- Lora Kennedy, Casting Directors Branch
- Kate Amend, Documentary Branch
- Michael Tronick, Film Editors Branch
- Kathryn L. Blondell, Makeup Artists and Hairstylists Branch
- Charles Bernstein, Music Branch
- Albert Berger, Producers Branch
Returning to the Board after a hiatus is Richard Edlund, Visual Effects Branch.
The Academy’s 17 branches are each represented by three governors, who can serve as many as three consecutive three-year terms. The Board of Governors sets the Academy’s strategic vision, preserves the organization’s financial health and assures the fulfillment of its mission, AMPAS said.